For those who are seeking an adventure beyond the ski slopes, Lake Tahoe offers a variety of winter activities that cater to non-skiers. From ice skating, tubing and casinos to exploring the area’s picturesque scenery and indulging in local cuisine, there’s something for everyone at this winter wonderland.
There are several casinos located around the lake where you can try your luck at various games of chance, such as slots, blackjack, roulette, craps, and more. Some popular casinos in the Lake Tahoe area include:
- Bally’s: Located in South Lake Tahoe, this casino features more than 700 slot machines, as well as table games, poker, and a sportsbook.
- Harrah’s Lake Tahoe: This casino, located in Stateline, Nevada, offers a variety of slot machines, table games, and a poker room.
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe: This casino, also located in Stateline, features over 500 slot machines, as well as table games and a sportsbook.
- Harvey’s Lake Tahoe: Located near Stateline, this was the first casino built in the area and offers a selection of slot machines, table games, and a poker room. While there book a dinner at the fabulous Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen!
2. Snowmobile Trip
Have you ever been on a snowmobile? We took a snowmobile tour up the mountain in Truckee and highly recommend it! Snowmobiling in Truckee is a popular winter activity that offers scenic views of the Sierra Nevada mountains and an adrenaline-fueled ride through the snow-covered landscape. With access to over 150 miles of groomed trails, snowmobilers of all skill levels can enjoy this thrilling sport in a safe and controlled environment.
3. Ice skate at Heavenly or Northstar!
Both rinks are a beautiful and fun experience! Northstar is pricier but well worth it. Typically there are additional activities near the ice skating rinks, some have hot chocolate stations and the people-watching is always stellar.
There are also several frozen lakes that you MIGHT be able to skate on in the wintertime.
4. Sleigh Ride or Sledding
Wild Sierra offers a horse-drawn sleigh ride. Grab some friends or family, bundle up and see the beautiful sights.
Sledding is another one of those entertaining winter activities in Lake Tahoe for non-skiers. Sledding in Lake Tahoe is a classic winter activity that offers a fun and accessible way to enjoy the snow-covered landscape.
5. Snow Parks
Fly down a mountain in an inner tube or build a snowman! Lake Tahoe offers lots of fun snow parks, one of our favorites is Adventure Mountain Lake Tahoe. Adventure is kid friendly and has bathrooms. They have a lodge to get snacks and benches to eat on. Remember to arrive early since most snow parks will close at capacity, especially on a busy weekend.
Tubing in Lake Tahoe is a fun and exciting winter activity that's perfect for families and groups. You can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the lake as you glide down the hill on an inflatable tube. There are several ski resorts and snow parks in the area that offer tubing runs with different levels of difficulty, so there's something for everyone. With the right equipment and a sense of adventure, tubing in Lake Tahoe is a great way to enjoy the winter season and create memories that will last a lifetime.
While Lake Tahoe offers some amazing skiing it also offers so much more for people who are non-skiers. Do you have a favorite winter activity that isn't skiing in Lake Tahoe? Let us know in the comments!